The duration of pregnancy is filled with several ups and downs, which is bound to take a toll on you both mentally and physically. Several symptoms come with pregnancy like constipation, bloating, fatigue, etc. What to do when this happens? How to keep yourselves fit and calm? Well, prenatal yoga is the way to go! It helps you stay fit and relieves the pregnancy symptoms, and prepares you for your upcoming childbirth. So, if you’re pregnant, then joining a prenatal yoga class is highly advisable to you, and Rishikesh Yog Kendra offers one of the best yoga classes in the country.
A Brief on Prenatal Yoga
Prenatal yoga focuses on the positions that are explicitly intended for the bodies of pregnant women. It is designed in such a way that it caters to the needs of a growing pregnant body throughout all three trimesters. Whether you are a first-timer or a Yoga pro, a prenatal yoga class can always help you in your pregnancy duration.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
Prenatal yoga can help you in various aspects during your pregnancy. It provides you with benefits like:
- Keeps your body fit and active
- Improvement in sleep (helps with the sleep cycle)
- Helps with mood stabilization
- Attaining mental peace and focus
- Helps in reducing stress and anxiety
- Reduces some pregnancy symptoms like lower back pain, nausea, headaches, and shortness of breath
- Decreases swelling and inflammation
- Helps with your blood pressure
- Managing your weight
- Increasing the strength, flexibility, and endurance of the muscles required during childbirth (i.e. Pelvic floor muscles)
- Preparing the body for childbirth
By joining a prenatal yoga class, you will gain all these benefits, plus you will also meet other pregnant women, which in turn will give you more mental support. Doctors also recommend prenatal yoga as it comes with a list of benefits. So, don’t overthink it and just join our Yoga Centre to begin your prenatal yoga experience today!
What to expect in a prenatal yoga course?
If you’re a complete beginner when it comes to yoga, you don’t need to worry. As a prenatal class starts with all the basics and will help you through the various stages of your pregnancy. Here’s an idea of things you can expect from a prenatal class:
- Breathing exercises for mom
Prenatal yoga usually covers a lot of breathing exercises, which will help you to manage or reduce the shortness of breath that is usually felt during the pregnancy period.
- Stretching which helps in child birth
Gentle stretching exercises are a vital part of the prenatal yoga routine. As this will help in further relaxing your muscles.
- Yoga postures which helps in child birth
You will be taught different postures, either sitting or standing, which will strengthen your muscles and increase flexibility and balance. They will also help in preparing the pelvic floor muscles for childbirth.
Pregnant Women Must Keep Some Amazing Tips in Mind
There are certain tips that you should keep in mind during prenatal yoga!
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- Don’t overdo it and stress your body more than necessary.
- Skip doing yoga in very hot conditions.
- Listen carefully to your yoga instructor and follow their exact directions.
If you keep these tips in mind, then there is nothing but fun awaiting you at your prenatal yoga class. You will have the best time, and simultaneously it will also help you with your pregnancy. If you’re looking for a good prenatal yoga class, then Rishikesh Yog Kendra is the place for you! Situated in Rishikesh, the ‘Yoga capital of the world,’ we have a team of highly trained and experienced yoga instructors. For the best prenatal yoga experience, write us or email us for details!