200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Program in India-Yoga Alliance
Rishikesh Yog Kendra-RYS 200-Yoga Alliance USA
Introduction to the class
As you are ready to take your first step in the path of yoga, Rishikesh Yog Kendra will help you to make your journey successful. It’s a two week and four week residential program which is designed in a way where the individual can learn the essence of yoga to an extent and will be able to teach yoga professionally. The school will offer the certification as per the Yoga Alliance standards from its associate Yog body registered with Yoga Alliance. 100 Hours, 200 Hours, Yoga retreat & Drop in classes for students are the various programs that Rishikesh Yog Kendra operates. All the programs are precisely designed to benefit the student and persons best suited their requirements.
Special attention and care with comfort is provided to each student. We have our Travel desk that will take care of your all ground and land arrangements from landing your flight in India to board it. In 200 hours Teacher training and Yoga retreat or any special program individually designed for a person. Accommodation with vegetarian satvik meal is provided. Rishikesh Yog Kendra works on principal of “Yog is a complete transformation and development process of persons inner personality & outer aura and we at Rishikesh Yog Kendra are the media and tools helps to make it happen.”
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course Highlights-
- Recitation of Sacred Sound (Mantra Chanting)
The purpose of mantra chanting in yoga is to generate vibrations and connect with the universe. Each mantra is special and rich with spiritual energy.
- 1- Om Asato Maa Sadgamaya (Mantra from Upanishad)
- 2- Tvameva mata ca pita Tvameva (Sloka on gods)
- 3- Om Tryambakam Yajamahe ( Mantra on lord shiva)
- 4- Om sahana vavatu ( Mantra from Upanishad)
- 5- Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Gurudevo maheshwara ( Guru stotram)
- 6- Yogena Cittasya ( Sloka on sage Patanjali)
- 7- Hare rama, Hare Krishna ( Maha mantra)
- 8- Om purna madah purna midam (Everything starts from infinite and ends in infinite)
- 9- Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
- Yoga Postures (Asana)
Students will gain extensive knowledge of yoga postures and will increase their strength, flexibility and discipline.
- 1.Pawanmuktasana series 1
- 2.Pawanmuktasana serie 2
- 3.Pawanmuktasana series 3
- 4.Surya Namaskar ( sun salutation)
- 5.Chandra Namaskar (Moon salutation)
- 6.Tadasana (palm tree pose)
- 7.Triyak tadasana (swaying palm tree pose)
- 8.Trikonasana (triangle pose)
- 9.Parivirtatrikon asana – revolving triangle pose
- 10.Uttkatasana –chair pose
- 11.Virbhdrasana 1 -warrior 1
- 12.Virbhdrasana 2 -warrior 2
- 13.Virbhdrasana 3 -warrior 3
- 14.Ardha Chandrasana- Half moon pose
- 15.Vriksasana – tree pose
- 16.Parvatasana – mountain pose
- 17.Adho mukha svanasana – downward facing dog
- 18.Kati chakrasana – waist rotating pose
- 19.Malasana – squatting yoga pose
- 20.Garudasana – eagle pose
- 21.Baddha Konasana- bound angle pose
- 22.Rajkapoot asana – pigeon pose
- 23.Bhujanghasana – cobra pose
- 24.Urdhva mukha svanasana –upward facing dog
- 26.Setu Bhandasana
- 30.Supta Virasana- reclining hero pose
- 31.Virasana –hero pose
- 32.Vajrasana –thunderbolt
- 36.Ardha Matsyendrasan
- Pranayama (Breathing Practices)
Pranayama is an ancient yogic breathing technique that is used as preparation for meditation and is a vital aspect of practicing yoga. It improves the respiratory system and purifies the body and mind.
Clavicular, Thoracic and Abdominal breathing includes :
Nadishodhan, Ujjayi, Kapal bhati, Surya bhedi, Sheetali , Sheetakari, Chandra Bhedi.
Sitting postures for pranayama sadhana-
- Half Lotus Pose
- Full Lotus Pose
Mudras (Yoga Gestures)
The practice of Mudra hand gestures is an ancient facet of yoga. Performing gestures effects the energy flow of the body and can change a person’s spiritual and mental characteristics.
Jnana Mudra, Chin Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Bhairavi Mudra, Kechari Mudra.
Yoga Bandhas (Energy Lock)
The practice of Bandhas expands the lung capacity and breathing capabilities during yoga. It also strengthens the entire body from the inside out.
Mula & Maha Bandha Teaching
- Meditation (Dhyana)
Meditation is a systematic practice that promotes physical, mental and emotional tranquility with the purpose of reaching Samadhi (self-realization).
- Introduction to Meditation
- Breathing Awareness Meditation
- Om / Mantra Meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- Tips for developing concertation
- Silence Practice
- Antar mouna
- Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep)
When a yoga practitioner moves through the various internal states of Yoga Nidra, a profound experience of relaxation occurs. This is called “Turiya,” a sensation of pure bliss.
- Basic Relaxation
- Tension Relaxation
- Full Body Relaxation
- Yoga Cleansing (Shatkarma)
Yogic cleansing exercises are important to learn how to incorporate your breath and meditate properly during physical aspects of yoga. It also removes the blockages in the energy channels.
- Kunjal Kriya or Vaman
- Kapalbhati- cleansing the lungs
- Anatomy and Physiology (Sharir Vijnan)
The proper understanding of the physical body will help to prevent injury before, during and after practice. There are two kinds of yoga anatomy: physical and spiritual. Understanding both types are needed.
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Circulatory System
- Nervous System
- Endocrine System
- Bodily systems
Guidelines in Studying Asana Anatomy
- Muscular System
- Skeletal System
- Muscle Functions according
to Joint Movements
- Yoga Philosophy (Yoga Darshana)
Yoga Philosophy is the foundation of our yoga practice and is the key to earn yogic strength. Through the path of Vedanta Philosophy, you will establish a solid, well-rounded yoga practice.
- Introduction to the Himalayan Tradition of Yoga
- Introduction to the different Indian Philosophy
- History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Types of yoga
Eight limbs of yoga
Yamas and Niyamas(Ethics of yoga)
Philosophy of Asana
Concentration and its power
4 aspects of mind
How to control the mind
Samadhi and the goal of yoga
Introduction to Bhagawat Geeta
Science of Karma
Indian culture and Spirituality and Evaluvation
- Teaching Practice (Adhyapanam)
Students will take turns practicing their teaching skills by performing in front of their peers and teachers.
- Teaching Methodology
A yoga teacher should efficiently perform the practical applications of class planning and preparation. At RYK Yoga School, our students will learn how to create a positive and peaceful class environment for an enjoyable and transformative experience.
- 1- Positive & conscious communication.
- 2- Friendship and trust.
- 3- Time management
- 4- Qualities of a teacher
- 5- Principles of demonstrating, observation, assisting, correcting.
- 6- Use of voice in class
- 7- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching.
- 8- Class preparation
- 9- Step by step class structure planning.
Assessments are based on:
- Written Test
- Oral Test
The whole teacher training program is scheduled and organized in International capital of Yog-Rishikesh at our Yog School. The natural environment, divine fragrance in the air, sound of the waves of river ganges is a divine experience in which you will spend the whole time. Along with the eternal beauty and peace of nature the course has below salient features.
200 Hours Yoga TTC Schedule
Wake Up Call
Pranayama & Asanas
Yoga & Ancient Philosophy
Yoga Anatomy & Physiology
Alignment class (From 2nd Week)
Vinyasa & Flow